Terms and Conditions
- You must be 13 years or older to use this site.
- You may not post nude, partially nude, or sexually suggestive photos.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your screen name.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
- You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other Picle users.
- You may not use the Picle service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, screen names, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, links (“Content”) that you submit, post, and display on the Picle service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack Picle or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with Picle.
- You must not access Picle’s private API by any other means other than the Picle iPhone application itself.
- You must not crawl, scrape, or otherwise cache any content from Picle including but not limited to user profiles and photos.
- You must not create or submit unwanted email or comments to any Picle members (“Spam”).
- You must not use web URLs in your name without prior written consent from Made by Many Ltd
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- You must not, in the use of Picle, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- Violation of any of these agreements will result in the termination of your Picle account. While Picle prohibits such conduct and content on its site, you understand and agree that Picle cannot be responsible for the Content posted on its web site and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials and that you use the Picle service at your own risk.
Proprietary Rights in Content on Picle.
- Picle does NOT claim ANY ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, or any other materials (collectively, “Content”) that you post on or through the Picle Services. By displaying or publishing (“posting”) any Content on or through the Picle Services, you hereby grant to Picle a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, worldwide, limited license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and translate such Content, including without limitation distributing part or all of the Site in any media formats through any media channels, except Content not shared publicly (“private”) will not be distributed outside the Picle Services.
- Some of the Picle Services may in the future be supported by advertising revenue and may display advertisements and promotions, and you hereby agree that Picle may place such advertising and promotions on the Picle Services or on, about, or in conjunction with your Content. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising and promotions will be subject to change without specific notice to you.
- You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through the Picle Services or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, (ii) the posting and use of your Content on or through the Picle Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person, and (iii) the posting of your Content on the Site does not result in a breach of contract between you and a third party. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of Content you post on or through the Picle Services.
- The Picle Services contain Content of Picle (“Picle Content”). Picle Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and Picle owns and retains all rights in the Picle Content and the Picle Services. Picle hereby grants you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable license to reproduce and display the Picle Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connection with viewing the Site and using the Picle Services.
- The Picle Services contain Content of Users and other Picle licensors. Except as provided within this Agreement, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Content appearing on or through the Picle Services.
- Picle performs technical functions necessary to offer the Picle Services, including but not limited to transcoding and/or reformatting Content to allow its use throughout the Picle Services.
- Although the Site and other Picle Services are normally available, there will be occasions when the Site or other Picle Services will be interrupted for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and equipment that are beyond the control of Picle. Also, although Picle will normally only delete Content that violates this Agreement, Picle reserves the right to delete any Content for any reason, without prior notice. Deleted content may be stored by Picle in order to comply with certain legal obligations and is not retrievable without a valid court order. Consequently, Picle encourages you to maintain your own backup of your Content. In other words, Picle is not a backup service. Picle will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Picle Services, or the loss of any Content.
Take down policy
- All Content on Picle is subject to temporary or permanent removal pending the outcome of any complaint.
- Complaints will normally be concerned with the ownership of intellectual property rights, moral rights and other legal issues. Grounds for complaint may include (but are not be limited to) unauthorised reproduction, integrity, breach of confidence or data protection.
- Complaints should be made in writing to the Picle (firstname.lastname@example.org) and should specify both the subject of the complaint (the particular item) and the reason.
- Upon receipt of a complaint, Picle will initially assess the validity of the complaint and will acknowledge its receipt. If the complaint is deemed to be valid, the item will be temporarily removed from Picle and the contributor of the item will be notified. The contributor will be invited to respond to any allegations.
- If necessary, the Picle will spend a reasonable amount of time mediating between the complainant and the contributor in order to resolve the issue to their mutual satisfaction. One of three outcomes will result:
- The item is unchanged (and restored to Picle)
- The user responsible for the original item uploads a replacement to Picle that is satisfactory to both parties
- The item is permanently removed from Picle
- Picle’s decision in such matter is final, and we will not enter in to any subsequent discussion about any such decisions. Any queries about this policy should be addressed to the email@example.com.
Picle is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Picle may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 24th February 2012.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- email address
- twitter name
- geographic location
- “likes” and comments
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may use this information to connect you to your friends contacts listed in your address book , (but in which case we will hash data before doing so)
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Picle Administrator, Made by Many Ltd, 38 Diespeker Wharf, 38 Graham Street, London, N1 8JX.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Picle service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- We reserve the right to force forfeiture of any username that becomes inactive, violates trademark, or may mislead other users.
- We reserve the right to reclaim usernames on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those usernames.